The Epilepsy Support Groups are monthly gatherings of adults with epilepsy, as well as parents, families and caregivers of those effected with epilepsy. The purpose of the groups is to come together to share tips, mutual concerns, common issues, challenges and successes with other members of the group. Information is shared and support is offered to help to meet the struggles faced by those dealing with epilepsy. It can be a real comfort to see that other people have concerns that are similar to yours, and that you are not alone.
Currently, there are 5 adult support groups that meet.
Cincinnati, OH area groups:
- Warren County Epilepsy Support Group – meets in Mason, Ohio, from 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month. Meetings are held in a second floor meeting room at Kidd Coffee (653 Reading Road, Mason, OH 45040).
- Hamilton County Epilepsy Support Group – meets in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio, from 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. on the third WEDNESDAY* of each month. Meetings are held at the main office of the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Cincinnati (895 Central Avenue, Suite 550, Cincinnati, OH 45202).
*Changed from Thursdays
Huntington, WV area group:
- Huntington, WV Epilepsy Support Group – meets at Enslow Park Presbyterian Church starting at 6:00 p.m. on the third Tuesday of every other month
Columbus, OH area groups:
- Columbus Adult Support Group-meets the 1st Wednesday of each month from 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. in the Dempsey Family Education and Resource Center in the Neuroscience Tower at Riverside Methodist Hospital located at 3535 Olentangy River Road Columbus Ohio 43214. Park in the red or blue parking lots, parking passes will be provided.
- Columbus Parent Support Group-Meets on the last Monday of each month from 6:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m. in the Dempsey Family Education and Resource Center in the Neuroscience Tower at Riverside Methodist Hospital located at 3535 Olentangy River Road Columbus Ohio 43214. Park in the red or blue parking lots, parking passes will be provided.
- Licking County Support Group meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 6pm to 8pm at Licking Memorial Hospital, 1320 W. Main Street, Newark, Ohio 43055 in the Moundview Room located by the cafeteria.
It is important to remember that support groups work best when everyone tries to have a positive and helpful attitude! We are interested in dealing better with life and sharing our triumphs.
We always welcome new members and the important new ideas and perspectives that they may bring to the group!